Monday, February 18, 2013

Soulshine, Nashville, TN

How in the world did I not know about a place that has a dessert called "smack yo' mama bread pudding?"  I saw the ad in a Nashville Scene yesterday and had to go today.  I didn't really care about what else they had, though I am glad to say that the wheat crust Mississippian pizza was delectable.  I am eating the bread pudding right now, and I couldn't wait to write about it.  Now, I wouldn't smack my mama over it, but it is darned tasty.  A very generous portion and it's basic, bread, sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.  It was supposed to have sauce but it wasn't included in my to-go bag, and that's just fine.  It's totally lovely and that is strange considering I cannot isolate anything distinctive about it.  I like the texture, the flavor and even the way it looks, as bread pudding can be pretty disgusting in photos, according to my friends. The only complaint would be that I could distinguish bits of bread that hadn't succumbed to the custard, but that's nit-picking.  And at less than $5, it gets an extra thumbs up from me, since I so often pay $8 for less.


Price:  $4.99 (it's the right price for me!)
Raisins:  No
Sauce:  New Orleans style bourbon sauce, but I didn't get any
Ice cream:  No
Visited:  February 2013

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Soulshine, but will seek it out, especially now that I know about it's very tasty bread pudding. Keep up the good work in spreading the word on the world of bread pudding.

    ReplyDelete