Friday, July 5, 2013

Sunflower Cafe, Nashville, TN

Now I love some texture and unexpected combinations, which seem to
be specialty at this "meatless and three" semi-elegant version of Copper Kettle.  There's no affiliation, they just remind me of one another, but one vegetarian (SC) and the other decidedly not, though veggie friendly (CK).  Sunflower Cafe is tucked among the other tasty treasure troves across the street from One Hundred Oaks Plaza/Mall.

As usual, I went just because a friend told me about the BP.  I could not resist (as if I ever do), a restaurant that had the courage to mix chocolate, mango AND coconut.  I can't imagine there are so many bread pudding and coconut fans as to make this a permanent part of any menu, but I'm happy to be wrong on this one.  It was... pretty good.  I imagine that it was lacking the fat components that would make it a 4-fork.  I generally don't expect to feel virtuous when eating BP, and appreciated the flavors that made it feel a little sinful.

Price: I can't remember and it seems to be off the regular menu,but no dessert is over $6.75
Raisins: No
Sauce: Yes, vanilla
Ice cream: No
Visited: April 2013

http://www.sunflowercafenashville.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment