Friday, December 24, 2010

Hypnosis

I was hypnotized on August 31, 2010, to help me kick my passion for sweets. If the hypnotist is honest, she'll admit that it didn't work. As I sit here eating gingerbread, I can't say I don't believe it could have worked, but it didn't. What it did was give me was a sense of control - for 2 months. On Halloween, I intentionally broke my fast, though the candy wasn't worth it.

For those 2 months, it felt so good to say no, to think about what I was eating and whether it was worth sabotaging my goal. It was a feeling I've never had, and I listened to the session almost daily on my iPOD to keep me motivated.

I was even looking forward to being free of my desire to start this blog, since I wouldn't be eating BP anymore, or at least not as faithfully. Well, it was really up to me to keep my sweet fast going and I didn't. So now I have to work on self-control and self-hynosis because I know it's possible, if I would only cooperate. But until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment