Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Flavor, Flossmoor


Flavor is one of the best places I've ever been for breakfast and their lunches aren't bad either. If you think you don't like grits, wait to be sure until you try the creamy offerings at Flavor. Oh yeah, but I'm supposed to be talking bread pudding. Well, if you have a plate of jerk chicken and grits or chicken and waffles and still have room for dessert, the BP is pretty good. It had good texture and flavor, though it was slightly soggy at the bottom. I ate it while watching the Anita Baker tribute on the Soul Train awards so I forgot to take a photo. Really, that tribute was so amazing, that I almost forgot to eat, too! Did I mention the red velvet pancake? My goodness, the menu is ridiculous.

Price: $5
Raisins: Yes, lots, but they were easy to remove
Sauce: Chantilly cream and lemon
Ice cream: No
Visited: January 2011, and a few other times

Flavor Restaurant
3315 Vollmer Road
Flossmoor, IL 60422
(708) 798-3220

No comments:

Post a Comment