Thursday, July 28, 2011

Wild Hare, Nashville, TN



I knew that the Wild Hare would be one of my favorite places, just from reviews, the menu and website. I finally got there for lunch to celebrate a month of really good work, and saw Chocolate Caramel Bread Pudding was the daily special! It was meant to be! i'm having mixed feelings because it's not a regular item, but considering how my shorts feel today, that's a good thing. As you may be able to see from the photo, I got an order to go when I found out it was a limited feature.

Perfect. I know I've said it before about very different bread puddings, but this is perfection for today. I love the sliced and toasted approach. The slices were crisp on all edges and smoothly firm inside. It was cooked and mixed well. The BP was not too sweet, which allowed the chocolate to shine. The homemade whipped topping and two juicy ripe strawberries gave me choices about how to combine each bite. I didn't taste the caramel but I don't care. I will be back, but for now, I'm taking a nap.

Price: $6
Raisins: No
Sauce: Chocolate, caramel
Ice cream: No, whipped cream
Visited: July 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment