Saturday, September 3, 2011

Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding - the ultimate indulgence

A friend invited me over for Krispy Kreme bread pudding. I had heard of this penultimate decadence, but was too afraid to make it by myself because, of course, I'd eat it all, fall into a deep sleep, and forget to pick my daughter up from daycare. The good news was that hers flopped, though she told me it was good the next day. She did a recipe from memory/intuition, so it was too moist to set. She tried grilling it and I called the donut croquettes. So we're going to try again soon.

Last night I heard about a place here in Nashville called Burger Up, a gourmet joint that serves KK BP. I will be stopping by sometime this week to try it, so I'll know what my friend and I should be shooting for. And maybe I'll have a burger, too. Thank goodness for Zumba, biking, aerobics, P90X and whatever else I do to compensate for this particular love of mine!

Oh, yeah, I did have Whole Foods' breakfast bread pudding from the food bar and it was satisfying but not worth adding another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment