Saturday, December 17, 2011

55 South, Franklin, TN

55 South in Franklin, TN, has it going on!  I stopped by after a meeting at the fantastic Williamson County Public Library with its energetic director.  I shall start with the toasted marshmallows.  Totally superfluous but delightful garnish.  This BP is chocolate and I don't have any idea what else was in it.  Apparently the restaurant changes flavors often, and you have to be "in the know" to know it's there prior to arriving.  I couldn't find it listed on any of the menus on the website.  It was perfectly firm in texture, and the taste was a lovely basic chocolate (I fear it had some barely detectable fancy ingredient and I'm doing a disservice).  I got it to go and ended up eating it cold, which should have been a no-no, but was a yes-yes!


Price: $7.95, but enough for sharing.
Raisins:  Nope
Sauce:  Nope
Ice cream:  Yes, premium vanilla
Visited: December 2011


55 South

Thanks to Beth of Eat.Drink.Smile.http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/, who enthusiastically recommended this BP at the Nashville Food Bloggers Holiday Shindig.

A shout out to Wine with Lisa, who swears this Louisiana BP with Buttermilk Bourbon Sauce is the best ever.  I'll give her the benefit of the doubt, even though it has raisins.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! I actually haven't had the chocolate version....but the one I had was incredible. Now you've made me want this one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! After the holidays, I will make for you my version
    of La Style Bread Pudding WITHOUT RAISINS! I believe that you will think its one of the best TRADITIONAL STYLE BP you've tasted. Being from La, I have eaten my fair amount of BP, I think its the OFFICIAL DESSERT OF LA!
    So, Get your spoon ready for ONE of the best BP's you've eaten!

    ReplyDelete