Saturday, December 17, 2011

Butternut-Chard-Cheddar for the Nashville Food Bloggers Holiday Shindig

To debut the new version of the ratings, the forks, I review the Butternut-Chard-Cheddar Bread Pudding that I made. I found this relatively low fat (but high effort) recipe on A Veggie Venture.  It was well worth the effort, though I wish I had a sous chef to peel and chop the squash and wash and cut the chard.  The butternut, cheddar and sage melded wonderfully and the chard added a feel of rightness.  I used Great Harvest's Rosemary/Olive Oil bread as a base.  The custard was simple to prepare and I only needed a little more milk (I used 1% instead of whole), admonished by the instructions to make sure each piece of bread was moistened.  I will likely upgrade myself to four forks when I let the mixings soak together for a while longer before baking.  It was good!

I am so thankful for the incentive, which was the Nashville Food Bloggers Holiday Shindig.  It was my coming out party for the blog.  What a wonderful, diversely-inspired group of food writers.  I had no idea that people knew about it, so thank you, viewers!  And thank you to Lisa of Wine with Lisa for helping me add the email widget to the blog.

It was not the finger food that the Nashville Food Bloggers Holiday party specified, but hey, I write about bread pudding, so what was I to do?  Maybe I'll figure out a way to create bite sizes before the next event.

Oh, by the way, it's only 7 Weight Watchers points as an entree and 4 as a side.  It serves 8 or 16.

Many thanks to Teresa Blackburn for the lovely photos.  And a disclaimer because she is a professional food stylist, and there was a "glowy" lighting situation that defied her talent.

1 comment:

  1. Your Bread Pudding for the party was delicious. I am a lover of BP as well. Savory, Sweet and pretty much anything in between! Looking forward to your next post...who know where your probing "BP Eyes" will land.

    ReplyDelete