Saturday, October 27, 2012

Copper Kettle, Nashville

Ok, it might look unappetizing, but this here reminded me of why bread pudding is my drug of choice.  Just think of this, a red velvet bread pudding with Goo Goo Cluster sauce.  Ok, even that might sound unappetizing but the sauce was only the chocolate from the Goo Goo, maybe with the marshmallow, but definitely not the peanuts.  It's the Goo Goo Cluster 100 year anniversary and Copper Kettle's dessert chef is making sure she pays homage.  Copper Kettle, by the way, always has bread pudding (unlike these sometimey places like Silo), with a new flavor each time.

I got the last serving, and was moved to share a taste with an extremely disappointed woman who wanted some also.  She had better be glad she had the first bite because if I had tasted it first, I would not have offered.  I must say I was doubting that this could taste good.  I was blown away.  Now, the red velvet flavor was very subtle, though the color kept reminding me.  The texture, sweetness and drizzle of chocolate Goo Goo were marvelous.  I am so glad I only got an order of their tasty greens and then went right into the dessert.  It was a balance I highly recommend.


Price:  3.99 (a total bargain)
Raisins:  No
Sauce:  Goo Goo Cluster
Ice cream:  No
Visited:  October


Copper Kettle

No comments:

Post a Comment