Saturday, October 27, 2012

Holland House, Nashville

Holland House is known for its potables, but it should be known for it's bread pudding!  I can't believe I didn't find it on any of the lists.  I just happened to stop in and saw it on the menu.  Again, it reminded me why I'd rather have a forkful of bread pudding than a drink any day.  And why my tour of bread puddings this month has got to end!  I'm on a roll and don't want to gain a roll.

This was elegant in name, execution and taste.  Warm cocoa nib bread pudding featuring chocolate chunks, walnuts, Nutella brittle, chantilly cream and chocolate ganache.  It was a mouthful to read and a mouthful of pleasure to taste.  Please forgive the to-go box for not giving it the setting that it deserves.  Whoa - this was not some thrown together dessert with bits of whatever the cook had handy.  This BP is at a whole other level, and I again had to up the fork-quotient to give it its due.  My goodness, the description can't even do justice to the complexity of textures and tastes that abounded in this treat, but it's a start.  It made me wish I was a real food writer. Nothing in it was off-balance, it was a new combination of wonderfulness with each forkful.  Ahhhh.


Price: 8.00 (well worth it, unlike Chappy's)
Raisins: No
Sauce:  Chantilly creme, chocolate ganache
Ice cream: No
Visited: October 2012


Holland House Bar and Refuge

1 comment:

  1. I have eaten at Holland House and had drinks quite a few times, but never had dessert...obviously I have missed a real treat. Thanks for the information. My mouth is watering!

    ReplyDelete