Sunday, June 28, 2015

Papa Boudreaux, Franklin, TN

Papa Boudreaux, as a Creole restaurant, should know better, and it does. BP is a New Orleans favorite, so I expected to be delighted by the peach BP. It appears flavors change. It is made with the French bread served tableside, but for some reason, it tastes like it's made with wheat bread. Perhaps it's nutmeg? It was a pretty perfect experience, and though I usually eschew sauce and ice cream, I gobbled it all up. I don't even know what the sauce was. Does it need these accessories? I don't know. It melded into a lovely experience. The vanilla ice cream was good quality and flavorful, so it wasn't just something tossed on top to make eaters feel like they're getting more for their money.

The portion was huge, and with the two spoons I could have shared it. Could have... The only sour note was the price! I would have gotten it anyway, but it's priced like an entree, at $8.95. That's ridiculous for something made from scraps. Admittedly, I'd get it again, though. It's too good for me to deny myself on principle.

Papa Boudreaux's Cajun Cafe

June 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment